Sunday, July 11, 2004

Stupid WAN! (diary)

My laptop for some reason can't understand the simple command to recognize and connect to my WAN connection and ignore my neighbour's (we live in separate houses, but it still tries to connect).

I've already changed the channels, but that hasn't worked. I put a makeshift reflector on the router's antenna so that hopefully it focuses more of the signal from one end of the basement to my room on the second floor. I also set up WEP (wired equivalent protocol) because the computer wouldn't connect automatically to an insecure network.

Grumble, grumble.

I read about thirty more pages of No Logo. It made me really angry, as usual, because the part I'm at talks about corporate infiltration into schools and University campuses. Evil.

I finally installed the free expansion pack to Uru: Ages Beyond Myst. There was supposed to be an online component to the game but they couldn't get it to work right, so they gave us this expansion instead (rip-off--especially if you include the $250 in computer upgrades I spent just for this game, on my Dad's desktop that I rarely use since I got my laptop!)

Oh, well...

- RG.

No comments: