Tuesday, July 27, 2004

moan.... (diary)

My allergies were a real bitch yesterday, and today.

At least, I hope it's my allergies. My stupid allergy medication wasn't working yesterday (It says to take 'on an empty stomach'. Like fuck I'll ever have one of those!), so I took some decongestant nose spray. That cleared my congestion, but gave me a runny nose. Desperate, I took some non-non-drowsy benadryl, which nearly knocked me out, but I had a meeting to get to, so I toughed out the drowsiness.

As I left that meeting on my bike, my water bottle was empty, and my throat dried out. It is still dry now. When I got home, I took another benadryl and fell asleep.

I woke up at 2 a.m., freezing, and found my temperature was 35.07 degrees celcius. I got another blanket. After I woke up for real, my temp had gone up a bit, but has since gone back down. That fucking chainsaw outside isn't helping.

I didn't take that stupid allergy medication, but instead took some non-drowsy Dristan in hopes it will work better than the group of other drugs I took yesterday. I also took some Acidophilus that my grandmother gave me. They say it has some bacteria that's in Yogourt that eats up histamines or something like that, but takes a month or so to build up. Sounds weird, but I've tried everything else.

I don't know if I'm picking up the dander from my Dad's dog, or if it's environmental, or if it might even be the toxins in the fabric softener (I've heard horror stories of people who couldn't figure out what was causing their mad allergy symptoms, only to try not using fabric softener and they all but went away). This means I'll have to clean all my clothes. Goodbye Velveteen rabbit.

I'm going to see a doctor to find out if this is in fact allergies or if I've got some terrible condition--I'm not going to sit through this misery just to find out it was something else I could have fixed with drugs.

- RG.

No comments: