Monday, June 07, 2004

Monday, Monday (Diary)

Hi.

I've given a category to today's post, because I don't know of any internal categorization available in this blog software, so at least people can either see the list of entries and what type they are, or search them. I'll add different categories as they come up.

Wikipedia was down today! The recent update to their software must have screwed everything up, and it was down for the whole day. A notice on the page says that it is close to coming back online. An interesting thing about Wikipedia is that it is about the only thing I have donated money to. Well, I mean, I'm not talking about dropping your change in the box at Tim Horton's, but like actally giving money. I had about seven bucks in my Paypal account, and when I first learnt of Wikipedia and saw how amazingly cool it was, I gave them all my money. I wasn't going to use it for anything else.

Anyways, today I went to the grocery store and got some more fruit to make a fruit salad. Last week was my first try, and this time I got some old family wisdome to help. Last time, I had trouble with the orange, because I didn't know how I should cut it. I eventually peeled it and cut it like you would a pear or apple. But this left all the pulpy stuff, and it quickly lost its flavour, and so they orange bits tasted pretty bad. This time, with the advice of the family matriarch, I cut it in half and scooped out the insides with a graprefruit spoon, leaving the pulpy stuff on the outside. Also on said advice, I added some orange juice to the salad to give it more...juice. I also added watermelon for the juiciness. Mmm, mmm. It's very good, cheap, and lasts in the fridge for about a dozen servings.

Today I went with my Dad as he walked his dog. We went to a nearby store and tied her up (the dog, that is) to a small tree. By the time we got out, she had chewed the lead in two, but was still sitting by the tree (this is very unusual for our dog, as she usually gets distracted by a squirrel and chases it as soon as she can escape. Go figure.

At the store I mentioned above, I got a replacement swiss army knife for the one that broke yesterday (see Sunday/Monday, below). Nothing special about it; it's the same kind as the last one so I can put my engraved plate from the old one on the new one. When I looked at the documentation inside the package, however, I noticed that Victorinox (the maker of the knife) puts a lifetime warrantee on their knives. I shall have to see if I can take advantage of it...

Well, I got to go; I have an early morning tomorrow for the launch of the Pathway Patrol on the other end of town (although I'll probably end up Rack & Rolling most of the way there.

Hmm. I don't think I said much about transportation. I'll have to do an op-ed post sometime soon....

- RG

No comments: