Tuesday, May 27, 2008

New Swap Box on Gladstone

I was walking out the corner store tonight when I saw two people across the street with the distinctive look on their faces of seeing a swap box for the first time.

I went over to check it out for myself. El Maks has done yet another fine job.


The pink exterior and the white bubble text on the red background reminds me of Matt Groening's handwriting on the Simpsons.

Inside, there's more to enjoy. I took advantage of the "City of Ottawa OFFICIAL Ice-Breaker" coupon on the inside of the door and chatted with the young couple about swap boxes, telling them about el maks' previous installations.

I put in a buy-ten-get-one-free card for the teriyaki place on Elgin that I had just filled up today, and 'swapped' it for some advertisements for commercial products/services that someone had stuck in there.

I picked up a small box with some neat jewelry a couple of Sundays ago, so maybe I'll keep some of that in my pocket for the next time I encounter a swap box.

Keep up the good work, el maks!

Edit: see Part II of the life of this swap box.

- RG>

No comments: