Thursday, January 13, 2011

In which RG demonstrates genius

I don't go through too much cornstarch, but the cornstarch I do use I keep in this jar. I have to refill it about every year. To do so, I go to Herb & Spice on Bank Street, which sells it in bulk.

It seems that the last time I refilled the jar, I noticed how difficult it was to get the powdery cornstarch into the narrow-mouthed jar with the wide scoop. So I scribbled on the bottom of the jar in permanent marker, "Need large mouth funnel to refill".

Good that I did, because in the time that had passed since I had last refilled my cornstarch jar, I had forgotten about the funnel requirement; however, after washing the jar and inverting it onto the dishrack, I saw the note and was reminded!

Ain't that clever?

- RG>

2 comments:

Woodsy said...

Damned that is clever. You've given me an idea...

Woodsy said...

Maudit, that is clever! it has given me an idea...