Saturday, November 20, 2004

Major Nelson and Jeannie had sex! (commentary)

It's been a while since I last blogged. I've been waiting for something useful to say. I've given up on that.

If you aren't familiar with the TV show I dream of Jeannie, don't bother reading further.

Today (at least I think it was today) I saw an episode of I dream of Jeannie while nothing else was on.

For some reason, there were dogs in the house. One was pregnant. Both were magical. Major Helie dropped by the house to pick up some stuff while Major Nelson was in a meeting. Jeannie told Helie that 'the stork will be visiting' or some such thing to imply that a baby would be had.

Helie thought that this meant that Jeannie was pregnant, and told Major Nelson as soon as he got back to the office.

Major Nelson rushed home (buying chocolates and flowers along the way) and told Jeannie he had heard the news and was very happy.

This is where the problem lies.

He didn't ask if it was possible for Genies to be pregnant without sex.

He didn't furiously inquire as to who got her pregnant.

Instead, he said he was proud that he was going to be a father.

Ergo, Major Nelson and Jeannie must have had sex. (That, or Major Nelson is a real dolt, which is also a distinct possibility)

So much for that bellybutton controversy.

- RG>

No comments: