Sunday, October 01, 2006

Explain yourself Dom`tar!

I was cleaning up my apartment when I came upon this little curiosity:



It was the front and back "covers" of a pack of Domtar-brand coloured cardstock, item number 80099600. A "cover" indeed.

On the front cover is a little Canadian flag in the lower-left corner (the text "Canadian Pride / Fierté Canadienne" circles it). However--and you might have to click on the image to zoom to see it--next to the UPC code it says "Made in U.S.A."

Scandal! Outrage!

What in Canada's name is Domtar trying to pull over my patriotic eyes? I'll certainly follow this up with a phone call to 1-800-6-Domtar and ask them and their Klingon-sounding brethren to explain their contradictory actions. [Edit: I have done this. They were very polite. Unfortunately, I am no John Hargrave.]

Tsk. Domtar. The front of your packaging says your paper is free of acid, but your back says you should be full of shame.

- RG>

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As an American, I think that's hilarious. As a Canadian, I think that's hilarious. But I'm not a Canadian, unless We get into a war with Korea in the next few years and they change the draft to enclude women too, then I'd be a Canadian. But because that has not happened...yet, I still think it's hilarious.